An army officer who was kidnapped on Wednesday in Ondo has regained his freedom.
Gunmen had kidnapped the army captain identified as D Gana along Kabba-Auga Akoko expressway in Akoko north-east local government area of Ondo state.
• Also Read:
- ʼSurrender Or Face Disgraceful And Violent Endʼ — Buhari tells Bandits
- Herdsmen From Other African Countries Coming Into Nigeria With Weapons — Ganduje
- FG Denies Plan To Absorb N-Power Volunteers Into Civil Service
- ʼIgnore The Statement Made By Miyetti Allahʼ — MURIC tells Nigerians
- Arewa Youths Threaten To Drag IPOB To Court, Give Reason
The kidnappers were said to have contacted the victim’s family, making a demand of N20 million as ransom.
Speaking to journalists on Thursday, Ayorinde Omojokun, spokesperson for the 32 Artillery Brigade, Owena Barracks, Akure, said Gana was released alongside two others on Wednesday night at a border town between Ondo and Edo states.
Omojokun said the army officer is currently on his way to Ibadan, Oyo state, for a special assignment.