Residents of Rivers State, on Friday night, held candle night for the remembrance of Biafrans who died during and after the civil war which claimed the lives of more than 3.5 people in the old eastern region.
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), organized the May 2020 commemoration in all parts of South-East and South-South.
- ALSO READ:
- Ohanaeze Backs IPOB, Call For A UN Supervised Referendum In Nigeria
- A UN Supervised Referendum On Biafra Is A Must — IPOB
- IPOB Begins Discussion With UN For Biafra Referendum
- Biafra: We Need A UN Supervised Referendum Now — IPOB
- Politicians, Their Agents Can’t Stop Our Quest For Biafra — IPOB
In Rivers, more than 1,000 people dressed in white with candles, gathered in different places for the event.