Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has tested negative for the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus), following a test for the disease that was carried out yesterday on the president by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
The NCDC has informed the president on the outcome his negative result this morning in Abuja.
According to presidential sources, the test for the president was necessitated after his Chief of Staff, Mr. Abba Kyari tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday.
Kyari had travelled to Germany on Saturday, March 7th to meet with officials of Siemens in Munich on the Nigerian electricity expansion programme.
He returned exactly one week later on Saturday, March 14th, but did not show any symptoms.
√ Also Read:
- Uzodinma: Those Calling Me ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Are Ignorant
- Boko Haram Attack Governor Zulum’s Convoy Again In Borno, Kill 7 Policemen And 3 Soldiers
- God Is Not Happy With Us, We Need To Pray For Forgiveness — Aisha Buhari
- Nigeria Have Been Divided And Bad As It Is Now Under Buhari — Kukah
- BREAKING: Fulani Herdsmen Ambush Soldiers In Katsina, Kill 3
He was said to have been at a meeting on containing the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria all through Sunday, where he reportedly started to cough.
Subsequently, he voluntarily submitted himself for testing and was informed of his status yesterday.
Kyari has however gone into absolute isolation following the test result.
THISDAY reports that he is hale and hearty and showing no symptoms apart from the occasional cough.