A new video dated December 8, showing the execution of two Nigerian soldiers and a policeman has emerged online.
In the video which was obtained by Channels Television on Monday, the killing was carried out by masked men believed to be members of the Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP).
Those who were killed were reportedly abducted at a fake checkpoint in Benisheikh, a village seventy kilometers west of Maiduguri, Borno State capital.
It is not clear how many people were abducted, but the video only showed three tortured security personnel with their hands tied behind them.
Those executed displayed their identity cards and introduced themselves as a mobile police sergeant and a sergeant of the Nigerian army respectively while the third said he was a private soldier.
Before their close range execution, a masked man backing a river believed to be around the Lake Chad area threatened of massive attacks on military formations and ambushes on the highways.
“We are saying to the soldiers of Nigeria, we will never spare those fighting people practicing the religion of Allah. Because of that we shall attack your barracks, wallahi we shall block you on your roads. The story is, what you hear is not what you see; what lies ahead is tougher and uglier than this, Allahu Akbar.”
The executed personnel were abducted in a Borno village few kilometers to the capital city, Maiduguri.
It was gathered that some of them were returning to the theatre of operation after a welfare pass to their mother base where they had gone to see their families.
Following the disbandment of most military checkpoints along the Maiduguri-Damaturu road, the militants, according to sources now mount fake check points dressed in full military regalia.
The criminals further took advantage of the Nigerian army’s “Operation Positive Identification” through which they identified their victims which they promptly abducted and later executed.
Last week the ISWAP in a statement claimed that it had abducted 14 “prisoners” on the same road, six of which were soldiers, two staff of the Red Cross and six others.
The Nigerian Army was silent on last week’s attack.
The spokesperson of the Operation Lafiya Dole Colonel Ado Isa when contacted said he is not aware of the attack or the video but promised to reach out with details once obtained.