The Lagos State Commissioner of Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, says the Italian who brought coronavirus to Nigeria now tests negative.
He said this at a press conference on Thursday, The PUNCH reports.
According to him, the Italian will be tested one more time and will be released if he tests negative again.
√ Also Read:
- BREAKING: 20 Soldiers Killed In An Attack On Military Base
- CNN Anchor Says COVID-19 Will Destroy Nigeria If The World Don’t Intervene
- There Is No Deployment Of 5G In Nigeria At The Moment — NCC
- Anyone Who Violate Lockdown Will Be Shot By Police — President
- COVID-19: Kano Indigenes Receive Another N20,000 From FG
Coronavirus was first recorded in Nigeria on February 27 when the Italian businessman, who was on a visit to Lafarge Africa Plc, Ewekoro, Ogun State, was diagnosed with the disease and taken to Lagos State.
The second coronavirus case was a Nigerian, who had contact with the Italian and was isolated in Ogun State. Although he tested positive twice, subsequent tests were negative.