The Nigerian Senate has announced that it is shutting down operations for two weeks, following the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Abuja, the country’s capital, The Sun Nigeria reports.
The Red Chamber of the National Assembly is expected to reconvene on the 7th of April if the spread of the virus is curtailed.
√ Also Read:
- COVID-19: Muslims Burn Police Station In Katsina
- I Tested Negative For Coronavirus — Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: El-Rufai Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Govt Arrest Two Clerics In Kaduna For Flouting Law
- Nigeria: How Can A ‘Nation’ Of 200M Fight COVID-19 With Only 3 Testing Centres? — Kanu
While on break, essential committees of the Senate will continue to offer skeletal services.