The Nigerian Senate has announced that it is shutting down operations for two weeks, following the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Abuja, the country’s capital, The Sun Nigeria reports.
The Red Chamber of the National Assembly is expected to reconvene on the 7th of April if the spread of the virus is curtailed.
√ Also Read:
- ‘Reduce Yearly Rent To Monthlyʼ — Lagos Govt tells Landlords
- Presidency begs International Community To Ignore IPOB And Danjuma
- Gbajabiamila Expresses Fear That Nigeria May Disintegrate
- Boko Haram Strike Borno Again, Kill Three, Residents Flee
- BREAKING: Many Casualties Recorded As Explosion Hit Lagos
While on break, essential committees of the Senate will continue to offer skeletal services.