China has announced that it will contribute two billion dollars in the next two years to countries affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Chinese President, Xi Jinping made this known on Monday in a message to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) annual conference.
√ Also Read:
- ʼSurrender Or Face Disgraceful And Violent Endʼ — Buhari tells Bandits
- Herdsmen From Other African Countries Coming Into Nigeria With Weapons — Ganduje
- FG Denies Plan To Absorb N-Power Volunteers Into Civil Service
- ʼIgnore The Statement Made By Miyetti Allahʼ — MURIC tells Nigerians
- Arewa Youths Threaten To Drag IPOB To Court, Give Reason
He mentioned that the money is not only earmarked for health measures, but also as developmental aid for affected countries, NAN reports.
Xi further appealed to other countries to increase their funding to the WHO.
“The WHO should lead the global response. The UN agency is facing a shortfall because the United States has suspended its financial contributions,” Xi added.