Governor Nasiru Ahmad El-Rufai of Kaduna State has accused security agents of sabotaging efforts put in place to stop the influx of travelers in Kaduna state.
He said the level of traffic in and out of Kaduna state despite a Presidential directive that bans interstate travels, was disappointing.
He spoke in a live chat radio program on Tuesday, adding that almost all those who tested positive to coronavirus in Kaduna had travel history.
According to him, the influx of people into the state was because of corrupt security agents on the highway.
√ Also Read:
- ʼSurrender Or Face Disgraceful And Violent Endʼ — Buhari tells Bandits
- Herdsmen From Other African Countries Coming Into Nigeria With Weapons — Ganduje
- FG Denies Plan To Absorb N-Power Volunteers Into Civil Service
- ʼIgnore The Statement Made By Miyetti Allahʼ — MURIC tells Nigerians
- Arewa Youths Threaten To Drag IPOB To Court, Give Reason
“They are sabotaging the state government’s efforts for monetary gain,” he alleged.
“We have tried everything but the security agents have not been cooperating. We have heard of instances where commercial drivers and others pay them to come into Kaduna,” he said.
El-Rufa’i said that on Sallah day, he would personally patrol the Kaduna -Kano border so as to ensure that no one from Kano comes into Kaduna state as part of strategy to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
“I will ensure that I personally visit and patrol the Kaduna-Kano boarder on Sallah day and I will remain there from morning till night to see who will dare enter Kaduna State. I will not leave there until late in the night,” he said.