President Donald Trump has approved the use of chloroquine for the treatment of the coronavirus.
“It’s been around for a long time, so we know if things don’t go as planned, it’s not going to killing anybody,” Mr Trump told journalists at the White House Thursday.
Chloroquine has been in use for decades for the treatment of malaria. It has been phased out for malaria treatment after researchers discovered the disease was becomeing resistant to the drug.
√ Also Read:
- Boris Johnson Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Food Packaged For Sell At Low Price In Sri Lanka
- Migrant Workers From Myanmar Flee Thailand Over Coronavirus
- BREAKING: Prince Charles Tests Positive To Coronavirus
- Nigerian Govt Reduces The Price Of Crude Oil To Entice Buyers
Doctors in China, where coronavirus originated, had earlier reported using chloroquine for coronavirus treatment.
Howver, the World Health Organisation expressed doubt about its efficacy saying more research was needed.
The U.S. has over 9,000 cases of coronavirus with over 150 deaths.